The Rotary Club of Keller was a driving force in the development of the Veterans Memorial Park at North Main Street and Keller Parkway.

The Rotary Club Keller, in celebration of Rotary International's Centennial Year of 2005, and in conjunction with the City of Keller, developed the Keller Veterans Memorial Park. The park is intended to honor Keller area residents who actively served in the armed forces.

The Veterans Memorial Park is located at the corner of North Main Street (U.S. Highway 377) and Keller Parkway (FM 1709), next to the existing historic water tower. The park design concept is centered around a setting of seven granite pillars including a monument honoring Keller veterans, and a listing of all known "Keller Area" veterans engraved on the granite pillars.

The central columns for displaying names are made of granite and include a central pillar that is a monument recognizing the sacrifices of Keller veterans. The central pillar holds the sculpture, "Protector of Freedom" by local sculptor Darrell Davis. Six additional columns, three on each side, will flank this central column. These six columns will be used to list the names of known Keller area veterans. These central columns are the focus of the Memorial Park.

Keller area residents wishing to contribute to the memorial or wishing to honor a loved one may purchase a memorial brick paver to be placed in the park.